The City of Surrey wanted to find a way to better engage its citizens.
- Surrey is a Canadian city of 500,000 inhabitants located in the province of British Columbia.
- The City of Surrey wanted to find a better way to connect with and engage its citizens.
- The population of Surrey is increasing by more than 1,000 people every month, and the government wanted to ensure new inhabitants felt connected to the community.
- The City of Surrey worked with Vision Critical to launch City Speaks, an online community that provides citizens an opportunity to provide direct feedback.
- City Speaks makes it easy for Surrey residents to engage with the local government. Citizens who sign up for the community can post questions and suggestions, participate in discussion forums and have a two-way dialogue with the city.
- “Everybody is very busy. But they still care about what happens in their community,” says Surrey Mayor, Dianne Watts. “With City Speaks they can have a say in terms of how their city is moving forward in the future.”
- “I was really excited at the opportunity to partner with Vision Critical,” says Mayor Dianne Watts. “The company has an amazing amount of expertise nationally and internationally. That gave me a real sense of comfort.”
We believe that connecting and engaging our citizenry is the cornerstone of our service.