The Influencer Panel leaves viewers more informed, more excited and more vested in the future of one of the world’s favorite brands.
- Discovery Communications is the world’s number one non-fiction media company, with networks that reach more than 1.7 billion cumulative subscribers in 209 countries and territories.
- Success in the constantly changing media industry requires the ability to make decisions quickly. At the same time, the cost of making the wrong decision is incredibly high.
- Discovery wanted to make more customer-centric decisions, and needed an effective way to engage with their viewers on an ongoing basis for feedback and insight.
- Discovery worked with Vision Critical to launch Influencer Panel, a customer insight community composed of 15,000 viewers.
- Discovery’s insight community has gained the attention of multiple departments across they company. Members regularly participate in title selection for programs and help to refine Discovery’s commercials.
- “Vision Critical has helped us tailor our member experience to reflect the Discovery brand,” says Colby Flint, corporate research analyst at Discovery. “When our members come to our sites, when they complete our surveys and give their feedback, they are having a real Discovery experience.”
- Discovery’s insight community quickly developed a reputation within the company’s executive team as a tool for immediate viewer feedback, and they now refer to the Influencer Panel by name.
- Community members have had a profound influence on the company, from launching networks to seeing a program title they selected appear on their television screens. By promoting active involvement in network decisions through the community, Discovery allows fans to contribute to the network in a positive way.
- The Influencer Panel leaves viewers more informed, more excited and more invested in the future of one of the world’s favorite brands.
“We are able to do significantly more research at a fraction of the cost. We’re able to access more than 15,000 of our viewers every day and turn around research in 24-48 hours, which we do all the time. We love it.”