Société de transport de Montréal (STM) wanted to engage with the city’s transit riders to better understand their needs
- Société de transport de Montréal (STM) is a leading provider of public transportation across Montréal, helping drive economic growth for the city and contributing to sustainable development.
- To meet a goal of 540 million passenger trips annually by 2020, STM was tasked with creating and operating an integrated city transportation system, combining metro, bus and paratransit routes into one network.
- In order to market to and serve riders more effectively, STM wanted a way to engage with them directly.
- Working with Vision Critical, the transit authority launched My voice my STM, an insight community made up of 7,000 transit riders.
- The community engages riders directly for feedback and insight on products, services and marketing campaigns.
- My voice my STM helps STM make decisions about customer service for current and future riders.
- The community has been fundamental to improving the experience of riders, reducing rider frustration and improving STM’s understanding of the themes that resonate best with their audience.
- For example, the customer community helped STM refine their messaging about when riders should use the emergency brake and when to call the train driver on the intercom. Community feedback also streamlined student pass renewal processes to reduce wait times.
- “My voice my STM has been an extremely useful tool for us—from helping us better engage with our core audience, to counting on this group to help make real choices and most importantly, in helping us meet our 2020 goals,” says Pierre Bourbonnière, CMO at STM.
STM has been able to use the insight community to quickly turn around feedback, target specific types of riders or prospects and cut costs. My voice my STM has been an extremely useful tool for us—from helping us better engage with our core audience, to counting on this group to help make real choices and, most importantly, in helping us meet our 2020 goals.